Friday, May 23, 2008

May 21, 2008

On Wednesday morning I took DD to the doctor to see about her ear infection that I thought she might have. She has another ear infection. YUCK! I'm glad I took her in. She is just so happy though it's hard to tell if she is sick. I'm very blessed/lucky to have a girl that is so good even when she's sick. After her doctors appointment I took her to Costco to get a few items that had coupons that were expiring by the time we would make it home. She feel asleep in the car on the way home and slept for almost 2 hours which was great for the plane ride. We finished packing our bags and headed to the airport at 3 (after DH finished watching the soccer game with the sudden death kick off). My Dad drove and dropped us off at the airport which was very nice. We checked in to the airline and headed through the security check point when I realized I left my cell phone charging in the car. We called me Dad and he was able to make it back in time before the plane took off. DD loved the flight for the first hour and was very restless the second.









It was actually the bumpiest plane ride I have ever been on and I actually started to feel car/plane sick too! I nice lady with two young girls lent us a video for DD to watch since we forgot to pack any for the DVD player. It helped for a few minutes but DD lost interest (Hello Kitty just doesn't hold up against Barney). We landed at 8:05pm and DH's friend's wife picked us up from the airport and we all crammed into her car (two kids and three adults along with a stroller, PNP, car seat, diaper bag, large suitcase, and backpack. We barely fit but we did it. She drove us to DH's Aunt and Uncle's house where we were staying for the next 4 nights until Sunday morning when we would head out to Orange County. Our plane landed right at DD's bed time so she fell asleep instantly in the car but woke up once we got to the house. She had a rough time getting to sleep and woke up frequently (due to the new environment, ear infection, or possible teeth coming in_take your pick). She ended up sleeping with us come early morning and she was kicking DH Kevin the whole time so he got up really early.

May 22, 2008
On the bright side Thursday morning we were able to take DD to see her great-grandma!
It was so fun to watch Grandma play with her and watch her play with all her toys. DD is so lucky to have her still around to see.


DD just loved pulling up on her chair and touching her leg. She was so pleased with herself too.



She is doing well too with being sick though was a little cranky tonight and digging in her ears. I hope she gets better soon. Last time I thought the first dose of the medicine helped her feel better. I guess it's taking longer this time.


After visiting Grandma We went back to DH's Aunt and Uncle's house to take a nap. DD fell asleep in her car seat so we just took her seat out and put her in the room we were staying in. DH and I took a nap on the couch downstairs. It was some of the best sleep It was so nice to get some decent sleep. When we woke up we headed over to finally see DH's best friend, Sean. It was great to finally see his little girl whom we haven't seen since she was born (almost 3 years ago. She has daddy's hair and mom's face. She's a kick in the pants too and just loves DD.



















While visiting Sean's family we saw this:

This crazy weather was due to two tornadoes that touched down near Riverside.

DD had tons of fun playing with Zoe's old baby toys! Thanks Zoe for sharing.









For a late lunch we went to In-and-Out (it was calling DH's name). I ate it too though it's not my favorite. I love the shake though. DD ate a few of the fries too but ate Mac 'n Cheese for dinner.
DH and his friend went to see the Indiana Jones movie so that left all the girls behind. We played with the girls and then gave them a bath. It was so cute to see them play in the tub together.
They had so much fun splashing in the tub and even soaked me and J.










Thursday (May 23rd)

DD had a rough time during the night waking up from 2:30-3:30am. Thankfully she slept in until 9:45 am but we were still exhausted from the night so after visiting DH's friend, Ryan, who was up at his parents from Long Beach (where he's attending school). I was able to lay down on their couch and put DD to sleep but then when trying to transfer her to the car she woke up. After we left Ryan's house we headed to Sean's house. On the way there we stopped to pick up some lunch (since I was starving and knew DD must be getting hungry too). We went to Baker's. I wanted Tacos and they had them there. (They are some of the worst taco's I have ever had! The green sauce was very spice but I was starving so I ate them anyway.) DD got a cheese quesadilla and I feed her little bites and then handed her a chunks and she was able to take tiny bites off of it.
Look at these gas prices! Ouch!
(I'm sure we will be seeing them back at home too soon.)
$4.17; $4.27; $4.33 ; $4.99










Once at Sean's we just hung out and talked but then DD got very cranky so we put her down for a late nap. I wish she wouldn't have woken up when I tried to take her to the car. She slept for about an hour which was good. For dinner the boys went and got us "2 guys". It was some great pasta/sandwiches. They give you so much for your money. We tried feeding DD some pickle for the first time (loved it) but she hated the tomato sauce spaghetti which made DH happy since he hates the stuff too. She inhaled my fettuccine Alfredo though along with half a roll. Seriously my kid is a pig. She ate half my plate of noodles and I wasn't even able to finish the other half.

No comments: