Wednesday, May 21, 2008

May 20, 2008

Finally the day has arrived that I have my appointment with Dr. Puziss at 1. I have waited almost two months to meet with him about my shoulder injury from accident number 3. I am hoping that he will be able to get Allied Insurance to open PIP again for me so that I will be able to get my should fixed. The appointment took forever till 3:30 and DH had to leave with DD and walk her all around the grounds of the building. In the end I found out that the IME chiropractor said it didn't happen in this accident because there were signs of calcification which means the injury is old but Puziss said that it was taken 5 months later so there would be calcification. He went through my entire medical book (with some pages even upside down and out of order) and tried to see if there was any previous injury to my shoulder which he couldn't find any so his conclusion is that it did occur from this accident. He recommends that I see another Orthopedic Specialist whom I trust, get a cortisone shot, and have at least 2 months of therapy. I really hope Allied will accept it and allow me to get better. I really hate not being able to get my shoulder fixed and having lived with the pain and restrictions already since August!

On the way home DH ordered Thai food for us for dinner and surprisingly the traffic was great since we had to come from the West side to the East side of town. It was nice knowing I didn't need to figure out something to eat in the heat. I really hate turning on the oven or cooking on the stove when it's so hot.

I did some laundry too and what I have been telling everyone that our washer was so tiny that it would only barely hold 3-4 towels...well, I tested my theory out. I washed our new towels and it only holds 3 towels and I smashed in the hand towel too. I had to do 4 loads of laundry that I normally would have gotten finished in only 2 with a normal washer and dryer! Crazy. I have to completely change my mind set on when to wash clothes and to do it sooner so I'm not doing a load all day long.

That night we went to watch American Idol and DH discovered he had forgotten to set up American Idol to record on a timer so we didn't have it to record. I was able to do a search on line and found all the clips of the songs and a few things they showed on the show. It was great. We then were able to vote. I really think David A. out sang David Cook though I think Cook will be better in the long run as the "Idol" while Archuleta will make some fantastic records. I guess we will see tomorrow night what America has decided.

2 comments:

isshou ni said...

Good luck with your shoulder! Argh==so many injuries. It must drive you crazy! YOu are such a trooper to handle all of this so well

smiliesar said...

Thanks for the encouragement. It does get frustrating at times feeling like I'm 70 instead of 27.