Today we finished putting the Christmas stuff away except for the lights outside and Kevin still needs to put the tree in the box. I did notice right before bed I forgot about the garland up the post by the stairs. I'll tackle that tomorrow since after spending literally all day putting Christmas away, reorganizing the garage to make things fit, consolidating Christmas stuff to get rid of one box and reorganizing the food storage I am TIRED! I sat down to fold some clothes while Kevin did bed time stories and I laid my head down for a moment and was out! Kevin said he too fell asleep while reading. He was saying words that weren't even there so in the book, "Corduroy" the bear died. lol Too funny! I woke up to the "breaking sound" of Glenn sitting on the open lid of my wicker blanket basket. Sadly Glenn's been having a rough time this past month or so listening to us right away. I had to ask him 4 times raising my voice finally to get him OFF the basket lid so he wouldn't break it. It hurts my heart that he can't just listen and gets so upset himself with and ends up throwing a major temper tantrum on the ground (which now is an immediate count of 3 and he's sent to his room). We have told him that once he's 4 he can't be throwing those major tantrums and needs to use his words. It's okay for him to be upset but throwing himself on the ground screaming isn't okay. I reminded him he has only 17 more days till his birthday. I keep wondering what's going to happen on his birthday...hoping and praying when I remind him that he's 4 and can't do that anymore that he will stop. One can hope at least!
After nap time Kevin really wanted the family to go for a walk. We bundled up and headed around our block the LONG way. It was FREEZING outside. It was 37 degrees, "feels like" 26!?! It was super cold. Kevin took turns carrying the older two on his shoulders while I pushed Addie. I finally gave her my gloves for her hands because she wouldn't keep them in her coat. I was cold then with the bitter wind blowing. We cut back through the neighborhood through the school to the park to head home and the kids HAD to play on the playground. We gave them 5 minutes since it was so cold. Kaila immediately ran over to the corner of her school and then came running back calling, "Mommy, Mommy!" I ran back over with her and she showed me the roses still on the bushes. It was amazing there were still alive. We then watched in wonder as the leaves swirled all around us in the alcove as the wind picked them up. Kaila watched in delight and then ran around after the leaves! It was a wonderful moment. We were all happy to be home in the warm house. I know Addie was too despite her constant cry of protest about leaving the park to walk home. She thankfully stopped her crying upon entering the house.
![]() |
| Kaila's wearing the new hat I finished for Addie this week |
After we got home we finally smashed out last two gingerbread houses. Glenn had been begging the last few days but the timing was never right. I finally decided the timing was NEVER going to be right so we just pulled them out and let them have at it. It was right before dinner but I didn't care. It was wonderful to see how excited Glenn was to finally be able to get into the candy on the houses.
![]() |
| There were pieces of candy and frosting all OVER the downstairs from their smashing efforts |
Kevin's on a new diet of sorts this month (28 days) trying to help fix his gut and food sensitivities. It's mostly Meat and Veggies but right now he's just cutting out wheat 100% but avoiding most grains and he's cut way back on dairy not eating any yogurt or cheese. He's made some really yummy meals. Today he even made Bi Bim Bap. It was super yummy. He made it with Cauliflower instead of the typical rice. It was great though my dish had more cauliflower than I needed. He ate the rest of it though. I tried getting Addie and Glenn to try it. They both turned their noses down on it before even trying it. Addie we finally convinced to try it after saying it was yucky and once the meat was in her mouth she said, "Yummy!" Glenn then walks over saying he'll try it but spit it out of his mouth before he even really tasted it. Silly boy!
![]() |
| Homemade Bi Bim Bap...YUM! |









.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment