Wednesday, December 19, 2012

New Pictures

After a frustrating 3 weeks of waiting we finally got our pictures back from Yuen Lui.  They told us 2 weeks (December 13th) for when the pictures would be ready.  That was mid December...still gave me 1.5 weeks to get our Christmas Cards printed out and mailed.  I figured we could make it work.  I waited one extra day thinking that maybe the mail was a little late since it was December.  I called them Friday after putting Addie to bed.  She said that all she knew was that they were at the printers.  It didn't say if they had been mailed back or if they are still working on them.  I was very frustrated.  I explained that it's been over the 2 weeks time frame and that I was waiting for them to do our Christmas cards.  She noticed that we were getting 4 digital prints. She said she would try to see if we could just get the digital images first and then get the prints later.  She said to call back in two days if I didn't hear from her.  I said okay.  I really hoped we would be able to get the disc so I could get the Christmas cards printed off.  I figured I'd use Costco since they were really fast with turn around on printing and give us more time for mailing.  Two days fell on Sunday.  I was surprised by that but figured I'd just call on Monday to give them that extra day anyway. 

Sunday came and I missed a call from "Oregon" at 1 minute till 6pm.  I listened to the call on Monday and the lady said that our prints were in.  If we had any questions we could call them and their hours were Wednesday-Sunday 9-6pm.  I was in shock.  WEDNESDAY!!!  What!?!  This can't be. The lady called and left a message on my phone right when they were closing on Sunday!  No matter what I wouldn't have been able to get my prints until Wednesday.  I was so FRUSTRATED! I want my images that we paid a lot of money for.  Now I had to wait another two days.  I thought surely someone would be there and answer the phone or giving out peoples prints that were there before the studio hours on Wednesday.  Sadly I called and called and never got anyone.  I relented to waiting till Wednesday and after dropping Kaila off at school took both littles with me to get the pictures. We got frozen yogurt next door and a new church sweater for Glenn while we were waiting for the yogurt store to open.  I'm so happy about having our pictures but the whole experience has left a sour taste in my mouth. 

Here's our new Family Pictures!  Thankfully they turned out beautifully.





No comments: