Thursday, February 09, 2012

Sista Time!

We have had a really fun extended weekend while my sister was here. Saturday Becca and I went to a close friend's baby shower.  Heather's having her first and it's a little girl.  I stayed up late finishing up the little hat I made for here though we stayed up even later finishing the puzzle my mom had set out just that morning. It was 3:30am Saturday before I headed home and then wrapped the presents and went to bed.  It was exhausting but fun! Then we had a playdate at the school with some friends and dinner too.

Me, Heather (Feather), Rebecca, and Laura
er
Rebecca and I were suppose to bring a baby picture of us to the shower.  It was a tough game seeing whose picture matched with whose. (Rebecca on top and Me on the bottom)


Beautiful Dresses Rebecca got for the girls.  They LOVE how they twirl!
 We got to have a family dinner on Sunday after church with my brother's family and my parents. Kevin stayed home since he had some work today and watch the Super Bowl game. We played a very fun game using a tennis ball on the table and only using our elbows to hit it back and forth as it rolls from person to person trying to keep it from dropping to the ground. It was hilarious to play. We laughed a LOT!

Monday I did Zumba for the first time. It was fun. I found out I can't do the shoulder shimmy. I tried and tried and tried some more at home. It's embarrassing. Kevin couldn't stop laughing as I tried later that night. It really is funny since all I end up doing is shaking my booty as I try. LOL

Tuesday we went to lunch with my sister and parents. La Carita is a local Mexican restaurant that Becca and I always go to when she's in town. We started taking Kaila too since she LOVES Mexican food too. She remembered our last trip there together when we pulled up in the parking lot. I love how she can remember things so clearly. Later that evening Rebecca took the older two and I to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D. The kids LOVED it. I loved the short beforehand of Rapunzel's wedding. It was super cute. After the movie we indulged the kids on the carousal, playing on the trucks, and play tree center. They were in heaven. It was past dinner by then so we went to Olive Garden for dinner. So good and the kids did great after such a long day.


My Sweet Angel sleeping...she's such a happy girl when she's well rested and fed!

Beauty and the Beast 3D
 
Their FAVORITE...the Carrousel.  Kaila has been BEGGING to go on it again for many, many months.  Her wish finally came true.

 

 Playing on the Coin operated rides...LOVE that they enjoy this without using any coins!

Running and climbing at the Kids play land

There is nothing like a yummy bowl of Zuppa Toscana

Today we hit up the zoo which was wet, empty, but fun. The kids love seeing the animals and running around. It was a good workout too since I was pushing around 70lbs or more up the hills with two kids on the stroller. I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow. Sadly we had to say good-bye to my sister after our outing since she flew home tonight.

The two older kids got to come to activity days with me today. The girls were teaching them some songs with the rhythm sticks. It was so fun. The kids all enjoyed it. Each girl brought their favorite treat too. Lets just say all those kids on sugar was nuts! Fun but crazy. My kids Loved it and hope to come to activity days again.


Sadly Kevin's next job that was set to begin on our anniversary (17th) fell through today.  I'm bummed about it but I know he's even more since it was a big chunk of money and would have given us a nice cushion. We are just praying another job comes his way.  We really want to get to CA this year to see family since it will be 3 year this summer and there is a wedding and small family reunion too.

No comments: