It's been a crazy year...mostly an insane last month with DH working all the time. This might be the reason I've been feeling kind of down (more exhausted being a single mommy of 3 for basically the last 3.5 weeks with sparse moments of Daddy being here, though mostly not). I've actually dreaded this birthday for the first time that I can ever remember. I usually LOVE my birthdays and plan out multiple days of events to make it last. It might have to do with the fact that Grandma (DH's mom...Dad too) are out of town and my mom just had knee surgery so my annual "girl's" breakfast with them won't happen this year. I have LOVED going out with them and sharing my morning while eating yummy food. We are going out as a family this year which will be delightful since it will be DH's first FULL day off since he started working 4 weeks ago! We are so looking forward to see his smiling face all day. It will just not be as relaxing since all the children will be there though DD is so excited about crepes so her excitement is wonderful and refreshing too. I'm trying to lift my attitude and embrace that I will now be IN my 30's which it's been hard this past year to remember I'm 30 and not in my 20's anymore. I can't even imagine the roller coaster of emotions that will come when I turn 40, then 50...better not even think about that.
My mom was so sweet as I shared these feelings with her. She told me that she thinks I'm at the best stage of my life and seem to be more at peace with life. How sweet of her! She says I'm more mature and able to deal with what life throws my way with out much fret (though this school service project has thrown me for a loop on top of all the other things going on right now). I know with the Lords help I can get through anything. I just need to lean more on Him now for guidance, strength, and comfort.
I was going through my blog showing the kids what they were like at SP's age (they LOVED that) and came across this mosaic about "me" that I did of Flicker pictures that you find by answering questions. I decided since I'm turning 31 tomorrow what a great time to see what my life looks like now compared to then.

1. Sarah May, 2. Tacos, 3. Barlow Road Water Hole, 4. Green leaf alien, 5. St Saviour's Limerick (2), 6. Submerged, 7. eroupe + arazona 395, 8. Lemon meringue pie, 9. `Happy Teacher's Day... `, 10. One happy family, 11. Happy Kids Kites, 12. Smile...Smile...Smile ;-)!
No comments:
Post a Comment