Saturday, March 05, 2011

Poor Girl

So last night when SP woke up for her feeding she was BURNING up. I didn't even take her temp but just gave her Tylenol since she had her shots we were giving it to her anyway. This morning she was burning up again so I had DH get a thermometer to check her temp (the Tylenol should have still been in her system then) and her temp was 103.4!!! That's so high for our little girl. It's her first major temperature. DH called the advice nurse and they said to watch her and make sure she's eating, which thankfully she was. We don't need her to loosing any more weight. Our DR called a few hours later to check again to see if her temp had gone up anymore and how she was acting. She was sleeping and actually slept most of the day away. A nurse called again a few hours later to recheck how things were going. SP was sleeping at that point. The feeding before her nap she didn't eat much at all but woke up in the middle of her nap to eat and ate well. I was so glad! After her 3 hour afternoon nap (which normally is only 1 hour) she was so much better. She felt great to the touch and was playing with some toys and more herself! I'm so glad she's better. I pray she's still feeling well tomorrow too!

Tonight DH's brother and wife came over for fondue after all the kids were in bed. It was so fun to visit and eat some yummy food. I wish they would move here so we could visit all the time! I just love interacting with them and laughing.

No comments: