Saturday, February 19, 2011

My older sister surprised me by stopping by today for a visit! I was so happy to see her. I didn't think she was coming into town until Monday but she came early. I was actually sitting on the couch nursing Addie when she called to see if I was home. I told her I was and thought it was odd she would care where I was. Then she asked if she could stop by. I was shocked she was here and said of course. She said she needed a bathroom and I said I had three she could choose from. She then told me she would be there in a few minutes. WHAT!?! I looked around me and there were blankets, pj's, toys all over the family room floor, lunch on the table the kids were eating along with games from last night, lunch fixings on the counter top, shoes all over the living room from the kids digging through the basket to find their shoes to wear outside. There was NO way I was going to get it all cleaned up before she arrived. I told her it was a mess and that's what happens with three little ones while DH's working. I spent the morning outside weeding and planting some flowers so the inside was crazy since I hadn't cleaned it up or gotten the kids to clean up either. Oh well. It was wonderful to see her and visit for a few hours. I think we could talk forever. The last time I saw her was when LM was a baby and before that was 5 years ago. Wednesday she's spending the day and night here and I'm looking forward to spending some one-on-one time with her.

No comments: