DD's speech appointment went on Wednesday. She was really nervous to go since her blood draw but I told her it would be fun and afterward she agreed it was. They had her say the names of a bunch of pictures and then tell back a story they said with pictures. She did VERY well and is just struggling with the hard things. She's at a 5 year-old level and with her saying "mines" instead of "mine" shows she's really smart actually because she understands it's a possessive. The lisp that others have been hearing is just her using "st" or "sh" instead for a similar sound. I actually never hear it but I'm the mom and figured I was just understanding her. The speech path just told me to tell everyone to shush about her. LOL I also asked about LM just so I know when to get concerned though I'm not since he's 2 but he will only say half of a lot of words and refuses to say "f". She went through what they look for at each age and from what he says he's at the age of 3. She said even if he had some issue from what I told her she wouldn't even want to see him next year since he's putting 4 word sentences together already.
It was very interesting to hear and learn from her. It got me thinking that maybe I should get my masters in Speech Path instead of Teaching. I think it would be a lot of fun! I know they Speech teachers at the schools I worked at LOVED their job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment