This year as another little surprise we took the kids to the mall to shop for each other and the opposing parent they weren't with. I took off with DD and SP while DH had LM. We went into the Disney store to try and find something for LM. They were having a wonderful sale on all their CARS vehicles so DD picked out two for LM. I asked her what she would like to get for Daddy: CD, movie, book, clothes...and she said Clothes. I asked her if she wasnted to get him a tie, socks, shirt, or pants which she wanted pants. Then I asked if she wanted jeans, church pants, cords and she chose jeans. I then with through a few stacks and found three different pairs for her to choose from that would fit DH. She made her selection and we headed to check out. She was so excited about it and handed the lady the jeans and even tried carrying the bag for a little while till she realized it was pretty heavy. We then went in search of a dress for SP that DD HAD to get for her. It was pretty cute. She wanted a purple dress which we found one at MACY'S but I was trying to find a cheaper one...in hindsight I should have just gotten that dress. We checked out a few other stores with no lucky and as we were heading back to Macy's to get the dress we jumped into Crazy 8 and found a different dress that DD approved of. She even donated a dollar to help children too. It was so fun to play go shopping with the kids. DH needed to pick one last thing up after we met up so I took the kids to play at the play place they have at the mall BUT DD and LM preferred the cars and such that are right next door to it. I love how they are amused by their imagination without having to spend money on making the vehicles actually move.
Overall DH and I agreed that this will become a family tradition. It was so fun to see what the kids wanted to get for each other and us and spend some one-on-one time with them! Now they will each get one more date to buy for the other parent which will be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment