Friday, May 28, 2010

(old t-shirts: working @volleyball, cheer camp as a kid, senior year, silk screen I did, and fireworks warehouse)

Yesterday I went through a box of childhood things. All my old dresses that I LOVED and knew my daughter would want to wear someday (yikes). They actually loved dancing around in them today even LM. I went through some stuff I didn't even know I had of my grandma's, great-grandma's, grandpa's, and dad's stuff. It's wonderful to have things from them that I will be able to share with my kids. DD loves the roller skates the best. I wish I had a key for them though. I found out from my mom that the skates use to come with keys to adjust the size on them. Fun things you learn. She said her group of friends were always loosing their keys and they would take turns asking their parents to buy them a new key.


Dancing in mommy's old dresses

My parents came over for dinner last night and we drove to their house for dinner. It was too funny. DH was talking to my mom and when he relayed the information to me I could see how both sides thought we were going to the other person's house. It was nice to get out of the house though and play with the kids at my parents for a little bit before going back home. I had been inside since Sunday unpacking and getting things organized. My mom helped fold laundry all day which was a huge blessing. She also took DH and DD shopping from some area rugs. She's been such a help to us. DH was telling her that she has to stay round till we move into our own house because we don't know what we would do without her.


LM is talking up a storm! He keeps adding so many words to his vocabulary. It's so exciting since DD wouldn't talk. One he learned yesterday was pop pop (popcorn). He loves saying it too. He also decided to "baptize" my cell phone yesterday. I'm still praying it will dry out enough to work. The screen wasn't working this morning. Little stinker.

No comments: