Monday, March 22, 2010

Bruised, stitched but NOT broken!

My poor husband is all beat up. He has a swollen bruised right foot (basketball), charlie horse in the left thigh (basketball), stitches in his right had (dropping the Chef knife), left shoulder is a little sore (basketball), and he has some scratches on his face and ear from a tickle fight we had Friday night and my nails got him as he was trying to escape. I feel so bad for him.

As he was helping me clean up the Kitchen from dinner last night after the kids went to bed the Chef's knife I just got fell from his hand and sliced the finger on his other hand. Thankfully it landed in the sink and he was able to contain most of the blood to that area. He screamed out to me (he thought I was down the hall though I was in the living room) and I knew something was terribly wrong. I was thinking a burn or something. When I saw the blood I didn't understand what had happened till I looked in the sink and saw the knife there. I grabbed a towel (dark color for blood) and hand him wrap it up to apply pressure to stop the bleeding and put an ice pack on top. I asked if he wanted me to call Marshall, our nurse friend, but he said he should look at it first before calling him since we had him come over really for no reason just the week before for LM's cut on his head. It looked deep but he decided to drive over to his house instead of making him come all the way here. He said he thought he should go to the ER just to make sure he hadn't cut a tendon. DH stopped by and picked up his dad to stay with the kids and we headed to the ER. Thankfully the wait wasn't too long and we were in and out in a little over an hour. I wouldn't look at it but DH watched the whole things as it was cleaned and stitched up. Gross!! He gets them out in a week which is perfect timing for DD's next swim class.

No comments: