("Oh-- What a Day!" said by Mary on Jack's Big Music Show) . . .
Saturday DH and my sister headed out for their run early in the morning (I think it started at 7am). I expected them to be back around 8. I got up with the kids and called DH's cell. He didn't answer. It was 8 and I was wondering if he was almost there so I would just wait for him to come and help me with the kids at breakfast. Since he didn't answer I decided to just go by myself and told him to meet us there. As I was heading out I saw the new shoes DH had bought the night before (he needed some time to himself after DD throwing a huge fit about leaving the movie in the park, actually she didn't want to go to the movie so we left early in my sister's car and she got a ride home with her friend.) DH got the shoes because he forgot to bring his for the run. After a lot of discussions we decided it would be best for his feet to get a pair to run in. I was shocked to see them there when I came out. Later on he told me they were too small and even after trying them on the night before so he just ran in his casual shoes.
As I walked in for breakfast I got some very crazy looks and many of pity as I walked in carrying both children by myself. A worker helped me set up DD's high chair and helped me get her waffle and some juice for her. It was so sweet of her! Thankfully DD was a perfect angel and sat quietly and ate so well by herself that I was able to get my food too and eat.
Finally at 10 til 9 (9 is when breakfast closes) I decided to get him some food because he would be starving after his run and I really didn't want to spend money on breakfast when we had it for free with the hotel. As I was walking around I didn't know what he would want to eat (waffle, oatmeal, eggs and bacon, cereal, toast. . . I decided to just get a little of everything). As I was getting some of it together I got a call on my cell and it was a number I didn't know. I thankfully answered, usually I don't and wait for a message to see who it is, and it was DH. He told me that my sister's car key was lost during the run and to call the insurance company and to see if they would pay for a lock out and a new key to be made. I told him it would be a little while since I had all the kids and was trying to gather up food for him. I wouldn't be able to call him either because their phones were in the trunk of the car. I would have to wait for him to find someone else's phone to call me back later. As I was talking to DH and walking around getting his food I felt some warm liquid hitting my foot. I thought LM had spit up on me since I had him facing out in the baby bjorn. As I sat down to finish my conversation with DH my lap became wet and warm too. It then hit me that LM had completely leaked through his diaper and now that I sat down it appeared from looking at me that I had wet my pants since LM covered up the rest of my shorts. I was so embarrassed and had no one to help me. I held the burp cloth up in front of me and I continued to walk around gather everything up.
A person working there was wonderful too me. She helped get DD all ready to eat, helped me get DH's food, and got me a box to transport all the food back to the hotel room. I hadn't figured out how to get everything back to the room but figured I would just hope and pray DD would walk beside me as I carried the tray. Thankfully a nice lady who had come over to compliment DD on how well she was sitting offered to help me carry it back to my room for me. I was so blessed and thanked her a million times over! Thankfully my shorts dried quickly too and were dry by the time I got back to the room. I then stripped down LM and put a new diaper on him. I called the insurance company to find out there policy so I was ready when DH called me back.
I got LM in the bath and soaped up. I grabbed a glass the hotel had to pour the water over him and then the phone rang. Unfortunately my phone was dying to I had it plugged in and charging since I needed it to work for when DH called. I sat the glass down and answered it since I didn't want to miss the call. DH was on the line and I told him what I knew (they wouldn't pay for a new key to be made so my sister was out $400 in the end for the lockout and the new key to be made). He asked me to find the phone number to a locksmith in the area. I couldn't find a telephone book in any of the drawers and resorted to calling the front desk. The lady kept trying to get me a number to a place close my the hotel and now where I was asking. It was so frustrating because I just wanted the number quickly so I could get back to LM (since I had left the water slightly running and was connected to the room phone and couldn't check on him) . I was in a sort of panic. She finally got me the number so I picked up my cell and told DH the number. I could see LM from there and he was fine. DD came walking over and knocked the glass into the tub and I heard it break. I freaked out and hung up on DH. I walked over to the tub and it was broken and the broken part was against his stomach. I scooped him up and checked him out and couldn't find any bleeding or scratches! What a miracle. I rinsed him off under the tap and held a tight grip on him so I didn't drop him since there were loose pieces of glass in the tub. I then laid him on the towel in the hall and gathered up the pieces of glass I saw and drained the tub. I put the glass pieces together to make sure I had everything and was missing a piece. I had already started filling the tub again for DD and had to drain it again. I still didn't find the piece and rinsed the tub down. I figured it must have gone down the drain with the water. DD then got her bath. It was crazy. I got LM dressed, DD out and dressed, I took a shower, scrubbed the baby bjorn clean, and then put LM down for a nap and entertained DD while stuck to the hotel room (which she desperately wanted out of) until noon when DH and my sister got back. And after all that work to get breakfast for DH they stopped and got Thai food on the way to the hotel and I could have avoided all that work!!! What a exhausting morning for me.
It was a very LONG morning for my poor sister and DH too since they ended up standing out in the AZ heat for over 3 hours starved. It ended up being a very expensive day for my sister too.

After all the chaos we hung out at my sisters and watched movies and most everyone took a nap (I actually was the only one who didn't). Once everyone was up we headed to the pool for a swim. It was late in the day and the pool was shaded so we didn't have to put sunscreen on all the kids. That was nice. I got pictures of the kids by the "famous" palm tree. I got DD's picture there last time I visited my sis and wanted another one. DH thought it was silly but I didn't care. DH was the only one to really get in the pool. I tried but it was so cold! I got half way and just got out. DD liked it for a little while and then wanted out. LM seemed to really like the pool and floats I brought from home but got cold and wanted out too. My sister and I were getting eaten alive by mosquitoes. We couldn't see them but felt them so we headed in early and took the kids. DH was loving the water and playing with the underwater feature of our camera. We told him to stay and swim and we would get showered and ready. After only 5-10 minutes more he followed us back to the apartment. He said he felt weird and like a child predator since there were other kids in the pool and he was swimming by himself so he decided to leave. That would be weird though I felt sorry for him since he LOVES swimming so much and rarely gets a chance to swim. He use to swim everyday he lived in CA since his family owned a pool.
After everyone was showered and our laundry finished we headed out to dinner at the Texas Roadhouse. It was pretty good though my steak wasn't the best. DD spilled her water all over too so that ended her try in the booster seat instead of a highchair. Their rolls were really yummy though and the service was great.
DD's favorite song- Pink's "I'm a Rock Star"
Dancing on our way to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Dancing on our way to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.
-------------------------------------------------------------
On Sunday we went to church. It was a Stake Conference and since my sister's ward is in a family stake our kids blended in really well. DD didn't want to sit through conference at all so DH and I took turns walking with her EVERYWHERE. There was one lady that frustrated me a bit because as I was walking DD in the foyer she was giving me the evil eye and shhing in DD. I know she was trying to listen but it was the foyer where kids are suppose to be taken when they are loud.
I actually liked being about to hear a little of Conference since I was sick during ours. I did get some wonderful advice from the Stake President while nursing LM in the mother's room. He said to everyone who was there even for the first time that even though many are losing jobs do to the economy being bad that we need to still donate our money and help others to the Lord can bless us. This really hit home since DH hasn't had a job in 7 months. I knew right then that we needed to live this principle.
After church DH and my sis picked up a rental van from the air port and I went to the hotel and packed everything up so we could hit the road for Williams, AZ and the GRAND CANYON!!! It was so hot already. The "cold snap" they were experiencing ended Saturday and it was already scorching out and it was only noon. I was so happy we were leaving the town and heading to a cooler place.
The drive up went fairly well. We even hit a spot where there was In-n-out and Taco Bell. It was meant to be. The kids slept most of the way and we made one stop to feed LM and DD was able to explore the grounds. She didn't want to get back in but thankfully we were almost there and only had about 15-20 more minutes to go.

We checked in at the hotel, unpacked somewhat, and hit the town for some food. We drove up and down the town (a 2 minute trip going 30mph) and decided on Mexican. We should have changed our minds then but little did we know. The door to the restaurant was through and Irish bar. We were seated and the food was way over priced and they didn't really have the "normal" stuff. My sis and I split a plate and we decided to feed DD off our plates. DH got carne asada. We forgot the diaper bag at the hotel so DH went back to get it and our food came while he was gone. Our Enchilada's came but they resembled a taquito more than anything and the meat inside was tough. It was nasty. The rice was nasty (though DD liked it) and there wasn't much food at all since it came on a small plate too and not the normal platters you get at other restaurants. I wasn't thinking but when I looked at DH's plate the first time I didn't think anything of it but then remembered what he ordered and normal what it looked like. All he was served was an over cooked under seasoned steak. There weren't any veggies or tortillas. Just a plain steak. He was so frustrated and the waitresses didn't seem to care. DH even asked her if he got the right order. She said he did and he went to explain what he normal is served when ordering that dish. She said she went to the other local town last weekend and ordered that and it was completely different. That was DH's point but she was a little air headed cheerleader type. UGH!! My sister forked the bill for us though I wanted it to be free. DH called the local pizza hut from the table and picked it up 20 minutes later since he was still starving. He later learned that place has a bad rap and the owners own another place (we were planning on going there on Monday but thankfully wouldn't when they told us they own that place too). It was quite the experience.

DD had a rough time going to sleep due to all of us sleeping in the same room. She slept with my sister most of the night and joined us in the morning. LM slept well in the p-n-p in between the beds which was a blessing. He's such a great little sleeper!
I actually liked being about to hear a little of Conference since I was sick during ours. I did get some wonderful advice from the Stake President while nursing LM in the mother's room. He said to everyone who was there even for the first time that even though many are losing jobs do to the economy being bad that we need to still donate our money and help others to the Lord can bless us. This really hit home since DH hasn't had a job in 7 months. I knew right then that we needed to live this principle.
After church DH and my sis picked up a rental van from the air port and I went to the hotel and packed everything up so we could hit the road for Williams, AZ and the GRAND CANYON!!! It was so hot already. The "cold snap" they were experiencing ended Saturday and it was already scorching out and it was only noon. I was so happy we were leaving the town and heading to a cooler place.
The drive up went fairly well. We even hit a spot where there was In-n-out and Taco Bell. It was meant to be. The kids slept most of the way and we made one stop to feed LM and DD was able to explore the grounds. She didn't want to get back in but thankfully we were almost there and only had about 15-20 more minutes to go.

We checked in at the hotel, unpacked somewhat, and hit the town for some food. We drove up and down the town (a 2 minute trip going 30mph) and decided on Mexican. We should have changed our minds then but little did we know. The door to the restaurant was through and Irish bar. We were seated and the food was way over priced and they didn't really have the "normal" stuff. My sis and I split a plate and we decided to feed DD off our plates. DH got carne asada. We forgot the diaper bag at the hotel so DH went back to get it and our food came while he was gone. Our Enchilada's came but they resembled a taquito more than anything and the meat inside was tough. It was nasty. The rice was nasty (though DD liked it) and there wasn't much food at all since it came on a small plate too and not the normal platters you get at other restaurants. I wasn't thinking but when I looked at DH's plate the first time I didn't think anything of it but then remembered what he ordered and normal what it looked like. All he was served was an over cooked under seasoned steak. There weren't any veggies or tortillas. Just a plain steak. He was so frustrated and the waitresses didn't seem to care. DH even asked her if he got the right order. She said he did and he went to explain what he normal is served when ordering that dish. She said she went to the other local town last weekend and ordered that and it was completely different. That was DH's point but she was a little air headed cheerleader type. UGH!! My sister forked the bill for us though I wanted it to be free. DH called the local pizza hut from the table and picked it up 20 minutes later since he was still starving. He later learned that place has a bad rap and the owners own another place (we were planning on going there on Monday but thankfully wouldn't when they told us they own that place too). It was quite the experience.
My little man is 3-months! Where did the time go?
He's such an handsome and happy little fellow and loves to smile at everyone!
He's such an handsome and happy little fellow and loves to smile at everyone!

DD had a rough time going to sleep due to all of us sleeping in the same room. She slept with my sister most of the night and joined us in the morning. LM slept well in the p-n-p in between the beds which was a blessing. He's such a great little sleeper!

2 comments:
great pic.. you are so lucky.. to have Lm be such a Great.. sleeper..
Kar is still getting up..2x during the night... arugh..
Wow! You guys have been traveling fools. I've never been to the GC but everyone I know who has has had an "experience". LM is SUPER cute. You wanna come visit Idaho next?
Post a Comment