Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Daily Happenings

April 22, 2009

Fun photo shoot with my boys!

We made it home. We woke up and packed the van Tuesday and drove to Phoenix. We had a police office in front of us most of the way which drove DH crazy. We had to rush and drop my sister off at her place and return the van to the airport. We didn't have much time and we were told we had to have out luggage checked 30 minutes before boarding. We were pushing it. It wasn't easy getting all the stuff unloaded from the van, piled on to the shuttle, off the shuttle, through the airport, up the elevator, further through the airport and checked. Thankfully we had lap children and that pushed us to a line that had no one waiting! What a blessing. We made it with plenty of time. We had to go through security and I forgot to empty one of DD's sippy cups which caused LOTS of chaos since it was liquid. I guess kids are exempt from the liquid protocol and they could test it with a test strip. I was able to use the restroom, DH got us some food, and we loaded the plane. It was perfect timing (though rushed) for the kids not to have too much down time. The flight was full but we were able to still have a seat for LM though the kids were both awake for most of the flight and finally slept the last half hour. DD was having a hard time not kicking the seats but thankfully the seat in front of me was empty. She did great though for having sat through a long drive this morning and a long flight too. Through all the stress of getting everything off the plane and packed up (we didn't want to risk waking the kids to pack up for landing) we lost one of our awesome hospital combs left in the pocket of the airplane. It was great seeing Nana picking us up though and the green grass!! I really didn't care for all the bland rocks everywhere. Now tomorrow will be filled with lots of unpacking and laundry. It's after midnight now. I was at knitting and visiting with my friends till late--Yeah Blazers for pulling out a win and an awesome game!!! so I need to get to bed before LM wakes up to eat.

The flowers DD picked on her walk with DH. Look at how she arranged them in the mug. Some are taking a bath even. I love it!

No comments: