Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cali Trip part 2

March 21-24, 2009
I finally figured out that DD is cold here while sleeping here on vacation so I go in before I head to bed and put the blankets back over her. Now she is sleeping through the night again!
I love how DD has her snack and "shares" with her brother. Notice it by his head in the car seat carrier.

So to sum up what been going on. Saturday my SIL works all day so after getting ready for the day my older sister called to see if we could get together that afternoon for lunch or the next day for lunch or dinner. I called her back and loved the idea of going out to lunch. They took us to In-n-Out. It was DD's first time there. She loved the fries and soda and even tried a few bites of the hamburger which is shocking that she didn't just shake her head at me and say "no" pushing it away without trying it first!
Yummy food for lunch.
DD was obsessed with laying out the blanket for LM and LOVED helping her Uncle with all his house projects. It was so fun to see them interacting with each other.
DD and her uncle loved playing "hide and seek" with each other. Here's a pic of when Auntie joined in the fun too!

At lunch I related my birth story to my BIL (he never heard about how my water broke in the Quizno's men's restroom). He took a major liking to DD too (this was the first time they have seen each other since Thanksgiving, though it was a big family gathering one evening). I was impressed with DD too because she let him carry her around and even set her down once and she came to me to get picked up but he asked if she wanted him and she went over to him! Amazing. We drove back to their house but the kids were asleep so I decided to just take them home. LM though woke up right when I was going to leave starving (it was an hour past his feeding time). I fed him in the car and my sister noticed I was still out there and came to chat with me while I fed him. It was a wonderful visit.

Then that night my SIL came home and her mother too (who was watching my SIL's sister's kids). That made 11 kids in the house under the age of 12! And there were two 2 year-old and DD too! It was very loud. We ate tacos (my favorite) and watched Twilight. I couldn't put DD to bed with all the noise so she didn't get to sleep until 10:30pm. We decided to skip church the next day since it started at 9am and I was dreading going by myself with the kids and not having DH's help anyway. DD of course woke up at 6 am (she always wakes up early when put to bed late). I got her quickly though and put her in bed with me and got her back to sleep and we slept till 9:45am! It was heaven.

Sunday we just relaxed. My SIL and I watched Kit Kittredge. My SIL fell asleep though and ended up watching it later that night. I thought it was a cute story. We went to my sister's for dinner (Taco's again....yummy- they are my favorite food). DD had a blast playing with Uncle Al and chasing him around the house. She ate a taco and even picked up the meat that fell out and put it in her mouth! Amazing. She loved the strawberries and ice cream for dessert too. My sister is almost finished with the family quilt for LM! She wouldn't let me really look at it until it's finished so I'm still waiting.

***LM raised his eye brow at me today (Sunday) in sort of a questioning manner. To funny and cute!***

No comments: