Monday, August 25, 2008

Starting Saturday night after putting DD to bed I sat down and took apart these frames that I got from a friend at our stuff swap at the church. They were dark green which would have been fine but the pictures I wanted to put in them just didn't match the dark green. I decided to paint them black instead. 2.5 coats of paint and two days later they were finished. I was able to watch the Olympics with DH during the different drying sessions. Still I had to touch up the parts that were drying on the plastic.

Taking the frame apart (they were actually very complicated frames!)

Painting the edges black

The final product!
I had to find some scrapbooking paper to mat the pictures since the frames were actually an odd size but I think it turned out nicely and I LOVE having pictures of our sweet angel on the wall to see!

_______________________________________________

Last night we had DH's parents over for dinner. DH made his Thai salad and wraps. They were good but the sauce in the wraps was so spicy that I could only handle eating half of mine. It was great to see his parents since they have been off camping all week with two of their grandkids. The sad thing is they had a major bike crash on Thursday. I'm glad they were wearing their helmets because my FIL's helmet is shattered and my MIL they thought had broken her hip. After 5 x-rays they found nothing broken. DH saw her wound on her arm and said that it looked like cooked hamburger! Thankfully she covered it up from me so I wouldn't get sick from seeing it. My stomach is very queasy these days. She also counted 12 bruises below her knees and has a salad plate sized bruise on her thigh. The poor girl can barely walk. I'm so thankful they are alive though and listened to the Holy Ghost telling them to wear their helmets. It could have been much worse.

1 comment:

Alisha said...

The picture frames turned out really cute! Those look like great pictures of your cute girl, too. I'll have to stop by and see them "live" someday soon.