Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Little Mommy
(aka Mother-in-law/MIL)

This I believe is her high school picture...I'll let her correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't she beautiful! She's had the nickname of little mommy for as long as I have known her. Once her sons grew taller than her, she became little to them. I've always loved the nickname and thought it was cute for her. My MIL is the BEST!!! She helps us out all the time with babysitting, laundry, weeding, cleaning, dishes, and having us over for dinner. She's tender hearted and is trying to better herself and those women in her life. How do I know this...well, she read this book by John Bytheway (actually read it many times) and then bought the book for each of her daughter-in-laws and her daughter too. I made the challenge to her to finish reading the book this week and I've been working on it. It's a great book about how to talk and react to our husbands through a Christlike manner. I already know I will need to re-read the book a million times. The next time I read through it I will highlight the parts that pertain to ME (though that maybe most of the book) and then I can read the highlighted parts the next time through. I HIGHLY recommend the book.
--------------------------------------------------------------
This morning DH moved the new sound machine (found at Bed Bath & Beyond) away from the monitor because it's so loud we weren't hearing DD when she was getting up. So unfortunately for him she woke up at 6:20am not 8-9am. We are now thinking she's been getting up that early but playing after not being able to get us up to get her and that would explain why she's tired and cranky. Poor DH though- he's now getting up super early. I told him to move the sound machine back--aren't I terrible. ;-)

DD said two new words I haven't heard her say before on her own this morning. She was playing with her brother's feet and said "toes" and then LM pulled his shirt up while playing and exposed his belly and she was saying, "ooh, ooh--belly ba, belly ba (belly button)". It was adorable. It's so fun to see her language finally exploding like everyone said it would. Yeah for her and us so now there can be more communication!

I still wish I could understand all that she has to say...


Today was our first playgroup at the park for the summer. It was so much fun. We were at the school park that Extreme Home Makeover did to make it green. It's wonderful. I had fun swinging with the kids, playing on the bars, and sliding down the slide. There's one little 3 year-old boy that just loves me. It's the funniest thing and I don't know why but we went down the slide a lot and I watched him climb everywhere. DD had a blast and threw a fit when we had to leave. It was a gorgeous day too which was wonderful. I just LOVE summer.

I went with my friend to get the frosting for DD's cake that she's decorating and then we hit up the grocery store after picking up the baby from DH. It was fun to just be out with my friend. It's amazing what a little time with friends can do to rejuvenate you. I also had recipe group tonight so I didn't have to cook and had some yummy food too! I also discovered our raspberries are growing and are so yummy and we have cherry trees too in the front!! I'm so excited for that. I hope the birds don't eat them all.

LM's first taste of Rice Cereal...verdict is still out. I think he needs more practice on swallowing.

1 comment:

The Woolner Family said...

I totally loved the pic of K's Mom. Chad guessed who she was right off.